Stephanie S. Woods
Stephanie S. Woods is a native Floridian and 3rd generation attorney with over 20 years of legal experience as a legal assistant and attorney. Woods focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning, probate, guardianship and elder law.
Woods graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies. While attending the University of Central Florida, she was an active member of Alpha Xi Delta, a woman’s fraternity. Woods was also a member of Phi Alpha Delta, a law fraternity, and was the Treasurer and a founding member of the UCF Trial Team. While on the UCF Trial Team, her team won Top 3% and Outstanding 1st Year Team at the AMTA National Competition.
Woods earned her Juris Doctor and an Estates and Trusts Practices Certificate from the University of Florida, Levin College of Law. While attending the University of Florida, Levin College of Law, Woods served as a Teaching Assistant for Legal Research & Writing, as well as, for Appellate Advocacy. Woods was a member of the Estates, Trusts and Elder Law Society and served as Vice President and President of the organization. Woods was also the Senior Student Assistant for the Center for Estate and Elder Law Planning. During her final year of law school Woods had the honor of working as a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Lawrence R. Kirkwood in the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court in Orlando, Florida.
Ms. Woods is a member of the Florida Bar Association (member: Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section and Elder Law Section), Orange County Bar Association (member, 2005-2006 Chairperson, and 2006-2007 Co-Chairperson of the Elder Law Committee; member of the Estate, Guardianship and Trust Committee), and Seminole County Bar Association (member, and 2008-2011 Board of Directors).
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, Gainesville, FL
Juris Doctor – December 2003 Estates and Trusts Practices Certificate – December 2003 Honors: High Honors – Spring 2003 Honors – Spring 2001, Fall 2003 Honors – Appellate Advocacy, Fall 2001 Activities: Teaching Assistant for Professor Cole – Legal Research & Writing – Spring 2002 Teaching Assistant for Professor Derenthal – Appellate Advocacy – Fall 2002 President (Fall 2003) and Vice President (Spring 2003) – Estates, Trusts & Elder Law Society Senior Student Assistant – Center for Estate and Elder Law Planning Study Abroad, University of Montpellier, France – Summer 2003
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
Bachelor of Arts in Legal Studies – May 1999 Honors: President’s List – Fall 1998 Dean’s List – Fall 1997 – Spring 1999 Activities: Active Member of Alpha Xi Delta Treasurer and Founding Member of the UCF Trial Team – 1998-1999 Top 3% and Outstanding 1st Year Team, AMTA National Competition – 1998-1999
Professional Affiliations (Past and Present):
- Florida Bar Association – member of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section and Elder Law Section
- Orange County Bar Association – member, 2005-2006 Chairperson, and 2006-2007 Co-Chairperson of Elder Law Committee, as well as, member of Estate, Trust and Guardianship Committee
- Seminole County Bar Association – member, and 2008-2011 Board of Directors
- Seminole County Young Lawyers Division – 2007-2010 Board of Directors, 2007-2008 Programs Chair, and 2008-2010 Treasurer.
- Volie A. Williams, Jr. American Inns of Court – 2007-2008 Board of Directors and 2007-2008 CLE Liaison.