v35 – What is Modification?

Video Script Below

"What is modification? I’m Steve Kramer of the Kramer law firm. I’m a Florida family law and divorce attorney. And what is modification is an important question because after the divorce, after the paternity is established, you may have an obligation of child support that is going to last 15 years. You may have alimony that is going to last a lifetime and you may have a parenting plan that is going to exist as long as your children are minors. The fact is that a modification is designed for when something changes. When you lose your job that is a good basis for a modification if you can’t find other work that’s comparable. It’s designed so that if there is a substantial change in circumstances, you can go in and modify the current order of the court to more fit what’s going on today because you may have been divorced 10 years ago. And you know what? What happened 10 years ago may not apply today? Your husband or wife that you divorced 10 years ago may be making double the money they made 10 years ago.

This alimony, you may be making less than your spouse makes and maybe when you were divorced you may have made double. Or if you’re in a paternity situation and have a child support obligation and one of your kids hit 18 or 19 years old, and you’re no longer – should no longer – be able to provide support. Well, the way that’s going to happen if you’ve got more than one kid is to go in and do a modification, because if you’re paying support for two rather than three kids usually – common sense is going to say – that the payment is going to go down. And that’s what modification is designed for. And why am I telling you this? Because if you’re looking up modification it means that something has probably changed, that you’re not happy with the status quo, and that you want some kind of change and that’s what we’re here to do. So, a good attorney is going to give you a good read on what’s going to happen. Because what you should not do is a modification where there is no good basis for it. Because all that’s going to accomplish is wasting money and time and we don’t want to do that. But if there has been a substantial change in circumstances, if you or your spouse’s income has changed, if your health has changed and it prevents you from earning income, if the kids have grown up, if you’ve moved from a different area of town and you had some pickup arrangement that doesn’t work anymore.

If anything has happened like that, if things have changed, it’s time to look at a modification and I’d be glad to help you through that. Call me at the number below. I do this all the time and I’d be glad to help you with this issue. Also, if you’re watching this video on Facebook or YouTube, go ahead and click the “Like” button below. This way your friends and family can share in the information I’m providing you right now. Thank you for watching this video. I’m Steve Kramer, the Kramer law firm."

Call 877.493.4847 and I’d love to talk with you.
If you prefer email, please use the Contact Form on the Right.

Links to Videos with Scripts

What Happens If I Ignore Being Served by Divorce Papers
Marital Settlement Agreements
3 Things You Need to Know about Divorce
Should You Represent Yourself in a Divorce?
I Lost My Job After My Wife and I Split Do I Still Owe Child Support?
What is Alimony?
5 Things You Need to Know about Divorce
How Do We Prove Child Support in Your Case?
What is a Paternity Action?
Equitable Distribution
What is Mandatory Disclosure?
What is a Domestic Violence Injunction?
How Does Custody Work in Florida Divorces?
Tips for Better Communication with Children During Divorce
Woman Gets Sued Twice for the Same Mortgage on the Same House
How Social Media Can Affect Your Divorce Case?
What Can You Do if You Have A Child but Are Not Married?
My Spouse Left Me With Nothing – What do I Do?
We Share Custody – Can We Waive Child Support?
Spouse is Keeping the House – Can My Name Be Taken Off Mortgage?
I got a New Job – How do I Relocate With My Child?
My Pay Went Down but Still Paying the Same in Child Support
Legally Married & Your Spouse has a Child? You are Assumed the Father
What is a Request for Production?
Haven’t Received Child Support in Years – How to get Back Support Owed
Ex-Husband in Parenting Plan Takes Child – What can the Wife do?
Wife Filed Domestic Violence Injunction-Do I Have to go to the Hearing?
How do You Prove Alimony?
What is Modification?
What is a Financial Affidavit?
Why We Might Turn Away Your Divorce Case
Top 5 Mistakes Made in Divorce
What Happens if I Ignore Being Served Divorce Papers?
How Does Mediation Work in a Florida Foreclosure Case?
My Wife has not Been Paying Child Support, What do I do?
Do I Have to Give my Wife Half of my Inheritance?
What is a Prenuptial Agreement?
Man Gives Child Up for Adoption… Years Later Ordered to Pay Child Support
I’m Getting Married… Should I Get A Prenuptial Agreement?
I’ve Lost My Job & Must Still Pay Alimony – What Can I Do?

Connect and Follow us on:

Follow New Future Divorce & Family Law Firm on Google Plus  Connect on FaceBook  Follow New Future Divorce & Family Law Firm on Twitter  LinkedIn  New Future Divorce & Family Law Firm YouTube Video Channel  Subscribe to Post via RSS feed