v41 – My Wife has not Been Paying Child Support, What do I do?

Back to Divorce and Family Law Videos

Back to Divorce and Family Law Videos

Video Script Below

“My wife has not been paying me my child support. She’s a deadbeat Mom. What do I do? I’m Steve Kramer and I’m a Florida family law and divorce attorney. If you’re dealing with this situation, then the best thing you can do is just go ahead and file a motion for contempt. Now the court has a lot of authority when somebody fails to pay child support. And that can be revoking or suspending professional licenses, taking away passport privileges, taking away a driver’s license, or locking somebody up in jail. And there’s other options too. And any of these can be a good tool. Of course, the best tool and the best threat is locking somebody up in jail.

So what you do is you file a motion for contempt, you ask for attorney’s fees and sanctions, you get in front of the judge, and you let them know that your ex is not honoring their obligation. And generally, you will get relief. You may not get the ex locked up the first time, but what you do even if they’re not locked up the first time is if this becomes a repeat occurrence the court is going to see the pattern here. In the future they can deal with it strongly if they need to. It’s important to do this as quickly as possible. Just because it’s a woman owing money, doesn’t mean that the law is going to treat them any differently than they would a man. The law looks at everybody equally and that’s the important thing to recognize here. Now I’m telling you this because I deal with these situations every day.

We’ve helped a lot of people that are owed a lot of money by their exes and we’ve helped them get relief. And I’d be glad to sit down and talk with you if you’re dealing with a situation like this. So, give me a call. I’d love to talk with you. Thanks for watching. I’m Steve Kramer.”

Call 877.493.4847 and I’d love to talk with you.
If you prefer email, please use the Contact Form on the Right.

Links to Videos with Scripts

What Happens If I Ignore Being Served by Divorce Papers
Marital Settlement Agreements
3 Things You Need to Know about Divorce
Should You Represent Yourself in a Divorce?
I Lost My Job After My Wife and I Split Do I Still Owe Child Support?
What is Alimony?
5 Things You Need to Know about Divorce
How Do We Prove Child Support in Your Case?
What is a Paternity Action?
Equitable Distribution
What is Mandatory Disclosure?
What is a Domestic Violence Injunction?
How Does Custody Work in Florida Divorces?
Tips for Better Communication with Children During Divorce
Woman Gets Sued Twice for the Same Mortgage on the Same House
How Social Media Can Affect Your Divorce Case?
What Can You Do if You Have A Child but Are Not Married?
My Spouse Left Me With Nothing – What do I Do?
We Share Custody – Can We Waive Child Support?
Spouse is Keeping the House – Can My Name Be Taken Off Mortgage?
I got a New Job – How do I Relocate With My Child?
My Pay Went Down but Still Paying the Same in Child Support
Legally Married & Your Spouse has a Child? You are Assumed the Father
What is a Request for Production?
Haven’t Received Child Support in Years – How to get Back Support Owed
Ex-Husband in Parenting Plan Takes Child – What can the Wife do?
Wife Filed Domestic Violence Injunction-Do I Have to go to the Hearing?
How do You Prove Alimony?
What is Modification?
What is a Financial Affidavit?
Why We Might Turn Away Your Divorce Case
Top 5 Mistakes Made in Divorce
What Happens if I Ignore Being Served Divorce Papers?
How Does Mediation Work in a Florida Foreclosure Case?
My Wife has not Been Paying Child Support, What do I do?
Do I Have to Give my Wife Half of my Inheritance?
What is a Prenuptial Agreement?
Man Gives Child Up for Adoption… Years Later Ordered to Pay Child Support
I’m Getting Married… Should I Get A Prenuptial Agreement?
I’ve Lost My Job & Must Still Pay Alimony – What Can I Do?

Connect and Follow us on:

Follow New Future Divorce & Family Law Firm on Google Plus Connect on FaceBook Follow New Future Divorce & Family Law Firm on Twitter LinkedIn New Future Divorce & Family Law Firm YouTube Video Channel Subscribe to Post via RSS feed