v22 – I got a New Job – How do I Relocate With My Child?

Back to Divorce and Family Law Videos

Back to Divorce and Family Law Videos

Video Script Below

“You got a great job but it’s 100 miles away. What happens when you want to relocate with your child? I’m Steve Kramer and I’m a Florida family law and divorce attorney. And this is a situation that does come up. Anytime that you want to relocate with your child and it’s more than 50 miles away from the court, you’re going to have to file a petition with the court. And this is the case even if you and your spouse agree to the relocation. You’ve still got to put it before the court. The bottom line is that the court is looking out for the best interest of the child. And if you and your spouse are agreeable, that’s great. If not, you’re going to have to file a petition. And this petition is going to be just like a modification of child support, just like your divorce in some ways meaning that there’s going to be a final hearing on it.

You are going to get ordered to meditation. And the court is going to be looking to the best interest for the children. And part of what the court is looking at is the move going to still allow for contact between your spouse – or your ex-spouse – and child? Is the child still going to see Mom or Dad? How’s it going to impact you and your ex financially? Is it going to be affordable? And if there’s going to be visitation arrangements how’s it going to be paid for? Who’s going to pay for it? And how’s it going to be afforded. And outside of that, it’s a good thing if your spouse is agreeable. That’s great. You can sign off on the agreement, you can submit a parenting plan to the court, and basically it’s a formality to get it signed off on as long as it’s not clearly against the best interest of the child. But you’re going to have to put this before the court. The court is going to have to sign off on it and that’s how it’s going to have to be done. Why am I telling you this? Because I deal with these situations all the time. Relocation is something that comes up a lot and if it’s an issue that you’re facing, then I’d love to talk to you about your case. Give me a call; I’m here, I’m available.

I’m Steve Kramer, thanks for watching.”

Call 877.493.4847 and I’d love to talk with you.
If you prefer email, please use the Contact Form on the Right.

Links to Videos with Scripts

What Happens If I Ignore Being Served by Divorce Papers
Marital Settlement Agreements
3 Things You Need to Know about Divorce
Should You Represent Yourself in a Divorce?
I Lost My Job After My Wife and I Split Do I Still Owe Child Support?
What is Alimony?
5 Things You Need to Know about Divorce
How Do We Prove Child Support in Your Case?
What is a Paternity Action?
Equitable Distribution
What is Mandatory Disclosure?
What is a Domestic Violence Injunction?
How Does Custody Work in Florida Divorces?
Tips for Better Communication with Children During Divorce
Woman Gets Sued Twice for the Same Mortgage on the Same House
How Social Media Can Affect Your Divorce Case?
What Can You Do if You Have A Child but Are Not Married?
My Spouse Left Me With Nothing – What do I Do?
We Share Custody – Can We Waive Child Support?
Spouse is Keeping the House – Can My Name Be Taken Off Mortgage?
I got a New Job – How do I Relocate With My Child?
My Pay Went Down but Still Paying the Same in Child Support
Legally Married & Your Spouse has a Child? You are Assumed the Father
What is a Request for Production?
Haven’t Received Child Support in Years – How to get Back Support Owed
Ex-Husband in Parenting Plan Takes Child – What can the Wife do?
Wife Filed Domestic Violence Injunction-Do I Have to go to the Hearing?
How do You Prove Alimony?
What is Modification?
What is a Financial Affidavit?
Why We Might Turn Away Your Divorce Case
Top 5 Mistakes Made in Divorce
What Happens if I Ignore Being Served Divorce Papers?
How Does Mediation Work in a Florida Foreclosure Case?
My Wife has not Been Paying Child Support, What do I do?
Do I Have to Give my Wife Half of my Inheritance?
What is a Prenuptial Agreement?
Man Gives Child Up for Adoption… Years Later Ordered to Pay Child Support
I’m Getting Married… Should I Get A Prenuptial Agreement?
I’ve Lost My Job & Must Still Pay Alimony – What Can I Do?

Connect and Follow us on:

Follow New Future Divorce & Family Law Firm on Google Plus  Connect on FaceBook  Follow New Future Divorce & Family Law Firm on Twitter  LinkedIn  New Future Divorce & Family Law Firm YouTube Video Channel  Subscribe to Post via RSS feed