v31 – Haven’t Received Child Support in Years – How to get Back Support Owed

Back to Divorce and Family Law Videos

Back to Divorce and Family Law Videos

Video Script Below

“I haven’t received any child support in years. How do I get this back support that I am owed? I’m Steve Kramer. I’m a Florida family law and divorce attorney. The first step that you’re going to want to take is probably getting an attorney involved in this because you’re going to want to come at this strong. This is a very complex process. The court is going to hold you to the same standards that they would any attorney, they are going to assume you understand the rules and procedures. And you want to make sure you do this the right way.

You’re going to have an attorney that’s going to file what’s called a “motion for contempt” and that is asking the court to punish your spouse for not following the court’s order. And there is a few ways that they can punish your spouse. And one of the most effective tools is your spouse can be locked in jail and then the court orders what’s called a purge bond, which means your spouse doesn’t get out of jail until they come up with x amount of dollars. And if they don’t come up with it, tough – they sit in jail. The bottom line is that the court looks at it like this: child support comes first, comes before rent, comes before electricity, comes before food, comes before cell phone, cable, anything else. And if you can show that your spouse willfully violated the court’s order, the court is not going to look very kindly on that. The other thing that you should do is get an income deduction order. And that is where the money is automatically taken out of your spouse’s account (or your ex spouse’s account). Meaning they don’t get to choose whether they cut you the check, it’s automatically taken out of their paycheck. And you need to do this because this is an easy solution to make sure you don’t have to deal with this again.

Again, if you have any of these issues relating to family law case, divorce case, or anything else, I’d be glad to sit down with you. I’m telling you about these situations because I’ve seen this before and I know the answer to get you the result that you need. So give me a call, pick up the phone. I’m Steve Kramer, thanks for watching.”

Related: Child Support, Child Support Enforcement, Child Support Modification

Call 877.493.4847 and I’d love to talk with you.
If you prefer email, please use the Contact Form on the Right.

Links to Videos with Scripts

What Happens If I Ignore Being Served by Divorce Papers
Marital Settlement Agreements
3 Things You Need to Know about Divorce
Should You Represent Yourself in a Divorce?
I Lost My Job After My Wife and I Split Do I Still Owe Child Support?
What is Alimony?
5 Things You Need to Know about Divorce
How Do We Prove Child Support in Your Case?
What is a Paternity Action?
Equitable Distribution
What is Mandatory Disclosure?
What is a Domestic Violence Injunction?
How Does Custody Work in Florida Divorces?
Tips for Better Communication with Children During Divorce
Woman Gets Sued Twice for the Same Mortgage on the Same House
How Social Media Can Affect Your Divorce Case?
What Can You Do if You Have A Child but Are Not Married?
My Spouse Left Me With Nothing – What do I Do?
We Share Custody – Can We Waive Child Support?
Spouse is Keeping the House – Can My Name Be Taken Off Mortgage?
I got a New Job – How do I Relocate With My Child?
My Pay Went Down but Still Paying the Same in Child Support
Legally Married & Your Spouse has a Child? You are Assumed the Father
What is a Request for Production?
Haven’t Received Child Support in Years – How to get Back Support Owed
Ex-Husband in Parenting Plan Takes Child – What can the Wife do?
Wife Filed Domestic Violence Injunction-Do I Have to go to the Hearing?
How do You Prove Alimony?
What is Modification?
What is a Financial Affidavit?
Why We Might Turn Away Your Divorce Case
Top 5 Mistakes Made in Divorce
What Happens if I Ignore Being Served Divorce Papers?
How Does Mediation Work in a Florida Foreclosure Case?
My Wife has not Been Paying Child Support, What do I do?
Do I Have to Give my Wife Half of my Inheritance?
What is a Prenuptial Agreement?
Man Gives Child Up for Adoption… Years Later Ordered to Pay Child Support
I’m Getting Married… Should I Get A Prenuptial Agreement?
I’ve Lost My Job & Must Still Pay Alimony – What Can I Do?

Connect and Follow us on:

Follow New Future Divorce & Family Law Firm on Google Plus  Connect on FaceBook  Follow New Future Divorce & Family Law Firm on Twitter  LinkedIn  New Future Divorce & Family Law Firm YouTube Video Channel  Subscribe to Post via RSS feed